Nursery School , Site No.5, Malibu Towne, Sector – 47, Gurgaon.
MALIBU FIRST NURSERY SCHOOL PVT. LTD.
– To establish a Library for children with Multiple Disabilities, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impairment, with normal and underprivileged children, etc.
– To start a club and a respite care unit, with short term residential accommodation, etc. for children with special needs.
– Construct a therapy units like speech and language therapy, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy equipped with water therapy system and a multisensory unit.
– To publish children’s story books, CD presentations, softwares and documents.
– To develop world class teacher training courses in Special Education to provide trained professionals in the community.
– To organize awareness camps on educating children with Multiple Disabilities, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impairment, with normal and underprivileged children etc.
– To regularly provide all Specialized Therapies to our students including Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy, Computer Therapy, Pet Therapy (with Dogs & Horses), Vocational Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Yoga & Meditation and more.
WHY DO WE NEED THIS PROJECT
It has only been over the last few years that special needs education has been gaining momentum in India. A lot of work in this area has been done in the Scandinavian countries, Europe, and most notably America, the special needs children are taught in the same classroom as their peers. ‘Inclusion’ is the school of thought here. The children are sent to the resource room for additional help.
The world has many people who were different from us. From a very young age we need to start inculcating in children that people have differences, different needs, and we need to start accepting, and including all kinds of people. Here we are not just talking about special needs in terms of disability but the same can be said even about individuals from the lower strata of society, the girl child, the minorities etc.
Therefore the project aims at including children from all spheres of life- socio-economic, religous and cultural diversities to be woven into a rich and value oriented school culture.
To instill life-long values that nurture humanity, create global citizens and give shape to a better world.
Transformation of the Education System
To revolutionize the education system so that children are imparted ‘Education for Life’ which encompasses not only knowledge but also enhances the talents and life skills necessary for the holistic development of the child.
Transformation of Parenting
To guide and enlighten parents about positive parenting so as to enable them to make their parenting experience richer, more joyful and more rewarding.
Transformation in the Role and Status of Teachers
To elevate the status and widen the horizons of teachers by equipping them with knowledge, expertise and skills required to transform them into leaders in education.
Transformation of the Society
To awaken humanity in people and seek their support in taking up projects for the welfare of underprivileged children so that they can live in a better world.
The school will be built in an area of 0.44 acres.
The RIGHT ENVIRONMENT helps in developing the child’s ability to learn, communicate, trust, love, develop confidence and a positive self-esteem. Working on this approach to bring about the holistic development of the child, various development/ activity centres have been proposed:
- Sand pit
- Clay Modeling & Pottery
- Splash Pool
- Skates (Optional)
- Horse Riding(Optional)
- Indoor Basket Ball
- Nature Walk
- Gardening and Planting Saplings
- Music with Musical Instruments
- Theatre and Role Play
- Human Values and Character Building Stories
- Folk Stories and Puppets
- Home Areas: Kitchen Corner / Living Room / Bedroom
- Movies / AV facilities
- Library / Reading Corner/ Story Telling Area
- Montessori Room
- Introduction to different ‘Cultures of the World’
- Thinking Room
INTELLECTUAL DEVELOPMENTAL CENTRE